I actually found this recipe in my stack of old recipe cards. But I can’t remember where they’re from….like a magazine or something. I tweaked it a bit in terms of the dressing and ingredients and came up with this. Initially I wanted to do a parmesan crusted chicken but I was lazy to break out the breading station. So a simple seasoning will do. You don’t always have to marinade chicken before you cook it. A simple salt and pepper will even do just fine.
The salad came about because we went to Cameron and vegetables there do taste fresh and more crunchy from the market. The cherry tomatoes and beans were from there. The chicken was just added protein. I do believe that you can serve this bean salad with other proteins like fish or pork. Or even a skirt steak.
This dish is so colourful, it kind of reminds me of summer in a vegetable field. It might look simple but sometimes, why complicate things when simplicity is enough to make a good dish?
CHICKEN WITH BEAN SALAD RECIPE
Green beans (halved)
1 red onion (sliced thinly)
6 to 7 cherry tomatoes (halved)
1 teaspoon hot paprika
Dressing for salad;
1 teaspoon mustard
1/2 clove grated garlic
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Slice the thick part of the chicken and open it up flat. The idea is to make the chicken have the same thickness.
2. Season with salt, pepper and the paprika. Heat flat pan with olive oil, sear the chicken on both sides till cooked and let it rest.
3. Boil a pot of water and blanch the beans for 30 seconds. Plunge it into cold water.
4. Mix the dressing together.
5. Assemble the vegetables in a bowl. Pour some dressing over it and toss with your hands.
6. Place bean salad on a plate and the chicken on top.