Here was something I made for my home-group with all the chilli meat sauce left. This is a hefty finger-food dish so if you’re going to make it, make sure you have enough people to eat AND finish it. It’s so easy to put together and hardly requires any cooking, unless you’re making the meat sauce from scratch just for this.
If I had some jalapenos, I would’ve sprinkled them on top of the cheese. You don’t have to follow this exact combination for your chips, you can use tomato salsa with chilli meat sauce or chopped dried meats or sausages. Even guacamole makes a good topping. Whichever….I guarantee it’ll go pretty fast (below).
Tortilla chips (I used lime flavour here)
Chilli meat sauce
Grated medium cheddar
1. In an oven proof plate, spread the chips around.
2. Pour the meat sauce over the chips and spread it
around getting in the nooks and crannies.
3. Squeeze mustard all over.
4. Sprinkle shredded cabbage and chopped onions on top.
6. Lastly, top with grated cheese.
7. Place the chips in a pre-heated oven set with top grill, melt the cheese.
8. Serve while still warm.