I had this dish during my last trip to Cameron and had bought most of the vegetables from there too. At first I thought it an odd combination to have cherry tomatoes and eggplant together but they actually kind of work and taste great. So I when I got home I tried to recreate it from memory. The only thing different I added would be the mushrooms and chilli.
Nothing fancy and really there’s nothing much to describe. It’s a simple stir-fried dish that goes well with white rice. Also, I think you can even add like a hard tofu to the dish if you want to bulk everything up and just have one dish for a meal rather cook a separate meat dish or vegetable dish.
- 1 medium sized eggplant 2 small ones, cut to slices
- 6-7 cherry tomatoes halved
- Shimeji mushrooms handful
- 1 chilli sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- Spring onions chopped
- Minced Pork handful
- Sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- White pepper
- Heat a frying pan with quite an amount of sunflower oil but not to the extent of deep frying. Fry the sliced eggplants till they're all cooked. Make sure there are not raw bits around.
- Take out the eggplant to drain on some kitchen paper. Scoop away the oil till you have two tablespoons left. Put in the minced pork and stir fry till they colour.
- Add the chopped garlic and chilli.
- Add the seasonings of light soy sauce, oyster sauce, dark soy sauce, white pepper and a little water.
- Toss to coat. Drop in the cherry tomatoes, the cooked eggplant and shimeji mushrooms.
- Toss everything to coat and heat through. Taste and adjust.
- Add the chopped spring onions at the very end with the heat off.
- Enjoy with rice.