This recipe was a long time coming. Originally I did this chicken recipe to accompany a Japanese potato salad dish. But of course it can go with any other sort of sides. Baked chicken has got to be one the easiest and cleanest way to cook chicken although I can’t say it’s quick, at least you let the oven to most of the work. All you have to prep is just the marinade.
While I used chicken drumsticks for this recipe, it can easily compensate for a whole chicken cut up into different parts.
HONEY MUSTARD BAKED CHICKEN RECIPE
6 chicken drumsticks, or any other
parts of the chicken with skin on
4 tablespoons dijon mustard
6 tablespoons runny honey
1 clove, grated garlic
Pinch of salt
1. Cut some slits on the thickest part of the chicken
drumsticks. Mix the mustard, garlic, honey, salt
and pepper together.
2. Pour about 1/2 of the mixture into a large sandwich bag with the chicken.
3. Close the top and rub it all around. Let it sit to marinade for at least an hour or overnight if you please.
4. Pre-heat your oven to 200C. Arrange the chicken on a wire rack sitting on a tray.
5. Cook for the first 20 mins. Flip it over. Let it cook for further 10 mins. (this is depending on your oven, some oven might take longer, I gave mine like 45 mins in total)
6. Turn your top grill on, baste the chicken with the remaining marinade. And let it char and crisp a bit. Glaxing with the marinade will give it a shiny exterior.
7. Eat with potato salad or just as it is.