Unless you’re allergic to nuts, I see no reason why anyone wouldn’t like this combination. Peanut butter always appeals something to our childhood. Although I have never made PBJs (not my favourite thing) but I remember my mother giving us toasted bread with peanut butter and condensed milk. Anything was good with condensed milk then. 🙂
In uni I would buy those peanut butter and chocolate swirl flavour to curb those hunger pangs at night when all you could really afford to eat then was ‘roti kosong’. Can’t say ‘roti kosong’ is all that cheap now either. So naturally a muffin of this blend would not escape my attention.
PEANUT BUTTER AND CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
Yields 12 big muffins or 16 moderate ones
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cups brown sugar
4 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup peanut butter (I used the smooth type)
1 cup milk
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celcius. Line your muffin tray with cups.
2. Mix your dry ingredients together in one bowl; flour, baking powder, salt, sugar.
3. Mix your wet ingredients in another bowl; peanut butter, butter, eggs and milk.
4. Pour your wet mixture to the dry and incorporate thoroughly with a hand-held mixer.
5. Stir in your chocolate chips with a spatula.
6. Scoop the batter to fill the muffin cups.
7. Bake in oven for 17 to 20 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the muffin.
Note: This is a very dense muffin so don’t go overboard with the peanut butter. You can also switch the smooth type to the chunky flavour.