Ever since I learnt how to make my own sambal tumis, I’d like to keep at least a jar of it in the fridge for a quick nasi lemak meal whenever I feel like in the mood. But with this sambal tumis, you can use it to make many other dishes and this is one of them.
These are actually a combination of two different sambal dishes; sambal eggs and sambal prawns, I just thought why not put it as one dish? I had initially planned to even add some ‘petai‘ but I’m not a big fan of it and hubster won’t eat a lot of it either. Once you have the sambal tumis, it’s pretty easy and quick to put this dish together for a speedy meal.
Sambal Egg and Prawns
- 3 Chinese spoons Sambal tumis recipe here;
- 1 medium red onion cut in wedges
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- Prawns shelled and de-veined
- 1 Chinese spoon water
- Oil for deep frying the eggs
- A slight dash of soy sauce in case it needs more seasoning
- Chopped coriander for garnish
- Fry the hard boiled eggs till the whites are blistered and browned.
- In another wok, heat some sunflower oil to cook the onions. They do not have to be super-cooked just slightly transluscent.
- Add your prawns and stir-fry.
- Add about 3 chinese spoons of sambal tumis and 1 chinese spoon of water if it gets to dry. Toss and cook everything together. Taste and see if it needs further seasoning.
- Add the eggs when the prawns are cooked and toss again to coat with the sambal.
- Eat garnished with chopped coriander.
HAPPY DEEPAVALI TO ALL
MY HINDU READERS AND FRIENDS!!