Ever since I learnt how to make my own sambal tumis, I’d like to keep at least a jar of it in the fridge for a quick nasi lemak meal whenever I feel like in the mood. But with this sambal tumis, you can use it to make many other dishes and this is one of them.
These are actually a combination of two different sambal dishes; sambal eggs and sambal prawns, I just thought why not put it as one dish? I had initially planned to even add some ‘petai‘ but I’m not a big fan of it and hubster won’t eat a lot of it either. Once you have the sambal tumis, it’s pretty easy and quick to put this dish together for a speedy meal.
3 Chinese spoons Sambal tumis (recipe here)
1 medium red onion, cut in wedges
3 hard-boiled eggs
Prawns, shelled and de-veined
1 Chinese spoon water
Oil for deep frying the eggs
A slight dash of soy sauce (in case it needs more seasoning)
Chopped coriander for garnish
1. Fry the hard boiled eggs till the whites are blistered and browned.
2. In another wok, heat some sunflower oil to cook the onions. They do not have to be super-cooked just slightly transluscent.
3. Add your prawns and stir-fry.
4. Add about 3 chinese spoons of sambal tumis and 1 chinese spoon of water if it gets to dry. Toss and cook everything together. Taste and see if it needs further seasoning.
5. Add the eggs when the prawns are cooked and toss again to coat with the sambal.
6. Eat garnished with chopped coriander.
HAPPY DEEPAVALI TO ALL
MY HINDU READERS AND FRIENDS!!