When I don’t feel like having meat for that day, I always turn to my frozen spinach for a quick, hearty meal. Although some might say frozen spinach is an abomination, it kinda works as dips or a creamy base texture. And truth is, frozen spinach is already pre-chopped for you so you save time and dishes.
SPINACH AND FETA DIP
Frozen spinach, about 1 bowl
Bacon sprinkles (optional)
1 teaspoon olive Oil
1. Boil water and add your frozen spinach. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
2. When it has boiled down, strain it and let it cool. Squeeze out all excess water, as much as you can.
3. Heat oil in frying pan, sautee chopped garlic. Add spinach and sautee.
4. Add cream to spinach and lower your heat. Add black pepper.
5. Crumble some feta cheese into the spinach. Turn off the heat. Add your optional bacon sprinkles.
6. Place your spinach into ramekins. Crumble more feta on top. Place it in oven to bake for 15 – 20 mins.
7. Eat with toasts, chips, nachos or tortilla bread.
Note; You can also use fresh spinach for this recipe if you prefer.