This dish really was an accumulation of what was leftover from the tea party and dinner party. I got this idea from Kayotic Kitchen but used my own version of stuffing since I already had everything in the fridge. I loved this meal, it was light and also fulfilling. Zucchinis are fast becoming a fav vegetable, which is funny because I hate cucumbers, I’ll eat them if I have to with the right dipping and pairing but if it’s not necessary, I’ll avoid them.
I made this as a meal for one and even then I could not even finish the whole two halves. I kept the other half for my lunch the next day and it was still just as good.
In the original recipe, the chef included the centre of the zucchini into the stuffing, I didn’t because I find it really spongy, seedy and watery. Not my favourite part. That went straight into the garden pots as feed.
STUFFED ZUCCHINI RECIPE
(adapted from Kayotic Kitchen)
1 green zucchini
A handful of Hot Italian Sausage meat
2 heaping tablespoons of cream cheese, room temp
Roasted red pepper, chopped up
A handful of grated Parmesan cheese
Grated cheddar cheese
1. Wash your green zucchini. Slice both ends but not too near the main flesh. Slice it right down the middle, make sure each side is proportionate.
2. Using a spoon, just scrape off the middle flesh where the seeds are and keep scraping till you form a hollow space, like a boat. Don’t scrape all the way to the end.
3. Cook the meat in a little olive oil. Let it cool.
4. In a bowl, mix the cooked meat, cream cheese, parsley, chopped pepper and parmesan together till you have a paste.
5. Fill the hollow zucchini ‘boats’ with this stuffing. Top with grated cheddar.
6. Grill in a pre-heated 200C oven for 20 mins till the cheese melts and browned.
7. Sprinkle with more chopped parsley.